17th Athens Xclusive Designers Week
Athens, 18 March 2015
17η Athens Xclusive Designers Week
31 Greek Designers and International Fashion Brands are starring at the International Fashion Week in Athens
From 28 to 30 of March the fashion is starring in Athens, at Ethniki Asfalistiki Conference Centre
The International Fashion Week of Athens Greece, Athens Xclusive Designers Week, for 17th time presents the new fashion trends, from 28 to 30 of March 2015, at Ethiniki Asfalistiki Conference Centre, with the participation of 31 Greek Designers and international fashion brands!
Athens Xclusive Designers Week, is the official trade show of the Greek fashion industry bragging for the longest history in the city. AXDW remains loyal to its primary purpose and supports for once more the Greek designers with an utter goal: their promotion in Greece and abroad. Expanding its partnerships network with international events, organizations and institutions of fashion and its relationships with the media and the buyers in Greece and abroad, AXDW enhances its role as an integrated approach platform for Greek designers.
31 Greek Designers and international fashion brands participate in the 17th organization of AXDW, presenting new collections and trends:
- Eleni Kyriacou, who is a Cypriot origin fashion designer, will present her F/W 2015 - 2016 collection inspired by the archaeological discoveries at Amphipolis. The idea of her main collection is based on the woman-sphinx, starring two contrasted elements which are converged,the monster and the goddess, creating the sense of magic.
- The international fashion brand Marks & Spencer will present unexpected combinations of textures and patterns, creating a "thoroughly sloppy" elegance. Denim and shades of blue, stripes, boho creations and floral designs starring in the new collection of the brand.
- One of the most famous designers in Greece, Makis Tselios, will present an Embrace of Haute Couture and he will share with the public the secrets of his new collection with unique creations and distinct luxury.
- AXDW will welcome once again the dynamic creations of Kathy Heyndels which combine the elegance with luxurious simplicity!
- Athina Korda will impress us with her new F/W 2015-16 with the title "ANTITHESIS", the philosophy of which is based on geometric shapes, dark shades and sober lines.
- The fashion brand Topshop by Sotris, as the absolute style setter brand, will fill the catwalk of the AXDW with controversial and youthful creations for girls and boys.
- Denims, bomber jackets and soft pants in favorite colors are starring in the young and casual style collection of the international brand GAP.
- Miltos is back at AXDW with timeless chic creations in feminine lines and high aesthetic which inspire romance.
- Panos Apergis, who participates at AXDW once again, presents creations with strong ethnic elements in controversial designs.
- Tassos Mitropoulos who is well known for his ingenuity and his passion for innovation, will present pioneer pieces which are made from unconventionally materials.
- One of AXDW's new comers, Konstantinos Mitrovgenis will present his new collection with unique polymorphic and eccentric creations which are inspired from the mathematical constant "π".
The second day of 17th AXDW is dedicated to the New Designers Awards, which brings out and rewards new talents for 8 years now. 12 new designers will present their F/W 2015 - 16 collections and they will compete for 3 distinctions: Best Designer, Best Trendsetter and Best Catwalk. The New Designers who will present their collections are: Fotini Baka, Leon by Ilias Wia, 2As by Aris Antoniou, Maison Anna Dorothea, Dimitrios Ordoulidis, Tryfonas Modestou, MK by Marios, Georgia Margariti, Dimale, Chris & Tonia, Euphrosyne Vlassi and Aziina. The day will close with the winner of the New Designers Awards of the 16th AXDW, I. Mitakos x F. Erotokritos, and in the second part of the show the 1st collection of the brand Prince Erotokritos will be presented too.
Athens Xclusive Designers Week, recognizing the importance of the accessories and the styling and remaining loyal to its vision to represent the creativity of Greek fashion, creates for the first time a special showroom for fashion accessories' Greek Designers, the Xclusive Summer Elements. The goal of AXDW for the platform, which is created for Greek fashion designers, is to connect fashion accessories creators with the media and the public in Greece and abroad. The specially designed installatio becomes showcase for the presentation of the representative codes of the current season (S/S 2015 collections) of the most hot brands and Greek creators in the fashion accessories sector. At the Xclusive Summer Elements 2015, the designers who will take part are: Aelia by Fotini Kostouli, Aelia Greek Sandals, Extreme Living, Fishbone Design, Grecian Chick, It's All Greek On Me, My Scarf.
During all days of the AXDW, the Fashion Design Project, the open design competition, will take place providing the opportunity to a fashion design talent, which will be voted by the public via facebook, to take part in the next New Designers Awards.
Syoss is the official sponsor of the 17th Athens Xclusive Designers Week. Syoss which includes professional quality products in the categories of care, styling and hair coloring, takes on the Hair Styling of the catwalks. Like every season, the hair styling of the shows is directed by Diamantopoulos Academy, led by Vassilis Diamantopoulos.
During the 17th AXDW, the guests will have the chance to learn about the benefits of the drinking miracle, the leading drinking collagen, Collagen Pro-Active, both for health and beauty!
The shows make up will be realized with Erre Due make up products, by Freddy Make Up Stage school and Freddy Kalobratso as head.
Cool Berry HibiscusTM juices by Starbucks, with red and black berries, hints of hibiscus and whole blueberries mixed with green coffee extract and ice will give spring color at the AXDW!
Delicious and 100% vegetable Alpro drinks and desserts, rich in calcium and vitamins, naturally low in fat, give flavor to the days of the fashion shows, calling us to live in our most beautiful body!
The de-make up care of the models of the 17th AXDW's catwalks will undertake the specialized DEMAK'UP products which will surprise the guests of the event. All the friends will have the opportunity to enjoy the cleansing care and learn some tips by the Make Up Artist of DEMAK'UP who will take care of their new make up in a special stand in the venue.
Live DJ sets and live radio broadcasts of en lefko 87.7 and Hit 88.9 from the venue, will give the rhythm in the international fashion week in Athens!
Sponsors: Syoss, Collagen Pro-Active, Athenaeum InterContinental Athens
Make Up Sponsor: Erre Due
Supporters: Alpro, Demak'up, Starbucks
Communications Sponsors: VOTRE BEAUTE, FOX LIFE, EN LEFKO 87.7, HIT 88.9, ATHENS VOICE, ADORE, TLIFE.GR, THETOC.GR, POPAGANDA.GR, HOPE
Partners: Veloudakis, Diamantopoulos, Freddy Make Up Stage
Under the auspices: National Tourism Organization (EOT), Municipality of Athens - Athens Development & Destination Management Agency (EATA), City of Athens - Cultural, Sports and Youth Organization, Enterprise Greece, Cyprus Embassy, Athens Chamber of Commercial and Industries (ACCI), Hellenic Retail Business Association (SELPE), Panhellenic Exporters Association (PSE), Federation of Industries on Northern Greece (SVVE), Greek International Business Association (SEVE), Hellenic Knitting & Apparel Industries (PSVPPE)
The Ethniki Asfalistiki Conference Centre is managed by the Athenaeum InterContinental Athens.
More details about the program of the event are announced on the website and the official social media pages: